Mold can be easily ignored because it doesn’t look so dangerous. The problem is that people often catch the infestation too late. It’s important to hire a professional but it can be difficult to choose. In this article, we provide tips on choosing the best mold remediation company.
It’s important to choose a mold remediation company that will cater to your needs and you can communicate with. It’s also important to have a company that will answer any questions you may have on the maintenance of your home to prevent the growth of mold again.
Questions to Ask Before Hiring:
- Will You Test Air? If you have mold growth in your air vents then it’s absolutely necessary to have the air tested every time they complete a project. This is important to ensure that all the mold has been cleared out and that you could be safe from the risk of inhaling mold.
- What Air Testing Method will be used? There are multiple testing methods, but only two for air testing. These methods are: InstaScope and Air-O-Cell. Both methods are commendable but you may have a preference over a specific one. Ask your mold remediator to explain the concepts of these testing methods and choose which one works best for you.
- Do they have pollution insurance? This is a critical question. It’s important that your contractor is properly insured because basic insurance doesn’t cover the expenses should there be an accident during the project. Some companies choose not to get this type of insurance because it is costly but that should be required by all the mold remediation companies to ensure the safety between you and your contractor.
- Do they isolate the affected area? It’s standard protocol to isolate the affected area to prevent the spread of mold. If your contractor doesn’t do this then maybe you should keep looking. Isolating the area also ensures that other parts of your home is safe while they remediate the mold; that’s why it’s necessary to find a company that does this.
- Are the contractors well-protected? It’s important that your contractor is well-equipped with protective equipment. Mold removal is dangerous which is why we do suggest that you choose a contractor that has all the necessary personal protective equipment. If the contractor doesn’t provide these for their employees then you should look into a company that prioritizes the health of their employees.
Why You Should Choose Contractors Carefully:
Mold remediation can be dangerous if the mold is particularly a toxic variety. Mold remediation companies need to be covered by insurance to be sure that they are safe on their part. The last thing you need is to have to spend on hospital bills because the company’s contractors are not properly insured.
The best mold remediation company should be able to provide you with the best services at the most reasonable cost. It’s important to choose the best company that will be able to provide for you and give you 100% satisfaction.